Thursday, June 4, 2009

On the road..

Well I haven't been excellent at keeping this thing updated, but I will try harder! I have been writing in my journal (and yes, I know it's only day 5 or something), but I'll put together a few more entries that are in some sort of chronological order next time!

I am currently in Seattle in an internet cafe. I have to say that my weight is below average in this town. I don't understand how there can be so many hills in this city and so many heavy people wandering around..

Our numbers have dwindled slightly. There were supposed to be 25 of us riders, but we're down to 17. Taryn just left this morning as she caught mono, and yes, we're all a bit concerned that we'll catch it, but we're trying to stay positive and strong! She may come back in a couple of weeks to join us again (hopefully!).

We sat through a presentation at a microfinance insitution called Unitus. They're a group that helps to establish the microcredit institutions around the world. They work on developing the companies that lend out the money in the impoverished areas. I didn't really realize how much work went into finding the partners and clients and just.. everything! It was a great presentation, and definitely got my brain rolling. Lots of interesting questions were asked by our group - not everyone was impressed with the answers, though. There are tons of holes in the whole microfinance area. Not everyone's money goes into the right hands; make sure you check everything out before loaning anyone anything!!

Anyways, I will end this now, as it would make more sense to write everything in some sort of order. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment