Saturday, March 14, 2009

77 Days... What.

So the auction was an interesting venture. I didn't get quite the turn-out that I was hoping for, but still managed to raise about $1100! Pretty sweet, considering the circumstances... Anyways, a HUGE thank you goes out to my 'leading men,' who were absolutely fabulous. I'll post some pictures when I figure out how.

We have to have our accommodations secured by tomorrow. Each rider is responsible for two locations - I have Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz. Only one of the two places has responded to me, so I guess I should get on with the other one (Freewheelin' Farm). And tomorrow is the deadline for $1500 and I'm soooooo close.

There is now another rider from Victoria - Cody - and the two of us had an interview with the UVIC paper, the Martlet. Apparently we'll be on the front page of Thursday's edition? Rad. Picture included... not so rad. Oh well, I better get used to it! I'm on the 'external subcommittee' which means that during the trip, I'll be making presentations and whatnot to the communities we visit. Not by myself, but anyways, the interview was probably equivalent to the stuff we'll have to talk about while we travel south.

I cannot believe this thing is just over two months away. I'm a bit freaked out, but I guess we all are in similar boats. Or bikes.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with the auction! Marri, Naomi, my momma, Ian, Amy, Carrie, Raena, Shauna, Krystle, Lindsay and Marnie (my fabulous auctioneer)... you guys rock my world!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on track Sarah. I realized today that I need to get on track for training myself. My favourite cycling route still has 4 feet of snow on it though. How's the riding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, keep it up. I am sure that this trip is going to be out of this world!

    ReplyDelete